Event Management and Digital Marketing
- Fundamentals of event and project management
- Creation of a business plan for an event
- Creation of websites & blogs
- Online marketing and social media tools
- Search engine optimization and search engine marketing
- Event controlling & evaluation
- Entrepreneurship & HR-Management
Language deepening – 3 languages for your career
Every new language is like an open window that shows a new view of the world and expands your attitude towards life.(Frank Harris)
Besides English you choose your language focus form the following languages:
The HLT is exactly the right thing for you, if
- you are interested in travelling, events, hotels and restaurants
- you want to start a career as a manager in hotel and tourism management
- you plan your graduate studies in Austria or abroad
- you like to plan and organize things
Then become a tourism manager by attending the 5-year training at the higher school of tourism.
All facts at a glance
- After the 8th school level
- 5-year training
- Key course elements: third foreign language or Event Management and Digital Marketing
- Internship of 32 weeks before starting the 5th year at home or abroad
- Diploma and final school leaving examination
- 4 qualified jobs: hotel and hospitality industry assistant, restaurant manager, cook and travel agency assistant
- Professional title: Tourism Manager
- Entrepreneurial exam and qualifying examination for the hotel and restaurant business
- Additional qualifications
- Continuation of studies and recognition at other universities, higher technical colleges, higher education institutions or academies at home and abroad
Third foreign language
Languages are the door to the world – if you want to open this door and walk through it, then the key course element ‘Third foreign language’ is the right choice for you
psychological status. tadalafil for sale clear but may be meaningful in certain men. The.
. Besides English, French or Spanish, we offer also Italian as an option. Especially in international hotel, catering and tourism companies, foreign language skills provide a real advantage already for the job interview and later on for your career.
Event management and digital marketing as of 2018/19
- Management of tourism organisations
- Introduction to hotel, restaurant and sustainability management
- Marketing and E-marketing
- Website and IT-Management
- Social Media Management
- Blogging, press relations and story telling
- Applied event and project management
- Quality management in events and tourism, event controlling
- Manager training – leadership, HR management
- Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Energy management and sustainability
Our additional qualifications are a real bonus for your curriculum. They are carried out in cooperation with renowned partners like Energie Steiermark, the Clefs d’Or association or the Austrian Wine Academy and are recognized on an international level.
We offer the following additional qualifications according to availability:
- Barkeeping & Barflairing
- Event catering
- Coffee connoisseur
- Banquet manager
- Concierge / Reception
- Energy manager for tourism
- Sustainability manager for tourism
- Cheese connoisseur
- Social Media Editors
- Junior wine sommelier
- Junior beer connoisseur
- Language certificates
Practice makes perfect!
During your training, you need to complete a practical training of 32 weeks before the 5th year of training in a tourism enterprise at home or abroad. Whether as waiter, cook, receptionist or in a travel agency etc., is up to you.
Before you choose a training at the Tourism Schools Bad Gleichenberg, we cordially invite you to visit us for a day, including also an overnight stay.
- Successful completion of the 8th school level
- Entrance interview at the Tourism Schools Bad Gleichenberg
- If necessary, successfully completed entrance exam (M,D,E)
General secondary school (Hauptschule): ): Second performance level with a mark lower than “Good“ as well as 3rd performance level
New secondary school (Neue Mittelschule): ): in case of a basic general education; in case of extended general education, no entrance exam is required
Secondary modern school (Realschule): depending on the performance level and the respective mark
No entrance exam in case of: Academic upper secondary school, polytecnic school, school of home economics and domestic science school
An investment that pays!
The investment in the training at the Tourism Schools Bad Gleichenberg is worth its money because the focus lies on the transmission of contents which are required in today’s and future economy economy and thus, grant every graduate aclear competition advantage.
In this period of 5 years the pupils will get well prepared for their career. The reputation of an extraordinary training at the Tourism Schools Bad Gleichenberg precedes them. Thus, our graduates are known to be among the most demanded workforces in the Austrian and international tourism with more career opportunities and better earning potential.
Basically, students’ fees are paid in eight monthly instalments. In case of an advanced annual payment, we grant you a discount of 4% and for an advanced payment per semester a discount of 2% can be offered.
Boarding school student in Higher School of tourism (HLT) (School fees & boarding school contribution)
|Costs per year||7.715,00 €||9.904,00 €|
|Partial payment (8x/year)||964,38 €||1.238,00 €|
External school fees * Higher School of tourism (HLT)
|External school fees||EU citizens|
|Costs per year||4.646,00 €|
|Partial payment (8x/year)||580,75 €|
What is included in the costs?
What is included in the costs?
The costs include the following: Training, accommodation, board and full-time assistance through coaches and assistants.
What else is required?
The following is not included: Knives, teaching material as well as school and working clothes
Information on payment in eight monthly installments
The students’ and boarding fees are debited to your bank account every month in advance in eight monthly instalments (each time from September 1st to April 1st)
Information concerning an external attendance*
The Tourism Schools Bad Gleichenberg are a full-time boarding school and hence, all students are accommodated on our campus. An external school attendance is only possible for students who have their main residence within the school district of Bad Gleichnberg (Bad Gleichenberg, Trautmannsdorf, Merkendorf, Bairisch Kölldorf, Pichla and Ludersdorf) since at least three years or were already 18 years old when starting school and live in the district of South-East Styria since at least 3 years.
Curriculum for the Secondary School for Tourism of the Tourism Schools Bad Gleichenberg
|hours per week per class|
|General education, foreign languages and media|
|Second foreign language: French or Spanish||3||3||3||2||3|
|Office management and IT (incl. focus)||2||2||2||1||-|
|History and political education||-||2||2||2||-|
|Natural science and nutrition technology||2||2||-||-||-|
|Tourism, economy and law|
|Tourism geography (deepening: travel agency)||-||-||1||3||3|
|Tourism marketing and customer management||-||2||2||2||2|
|Art and culture||-||-||1||1||-|
|Business administration and economics (inkl. focus)||2||3||2||2||2|
|Accounting and controlling||2||2||2||2||3|
|Catering and hospitality|
|Kitchen organisation and cooking||3||3||3||3||-|
|Service organisation, service and beverages||2||3||3||2||-|
|Specialisation: wine-junior sommelier, cheese connoisseur or junior-barkeeper||-||-||1||1||-|
|Practical training and applied project management||3||3||2||3||-|
|Deepenings to select|
|Third foreign language: Italian|
|Event management and digital marketing||-||-||2||2||2|
|Total hours per week||35||37||37||38||28|
Compulsory internship: 32 weeks in total before entering the fifth year of training
The school days at the Tourism Schools Bad Gleichenberg and particularly the boarding school life shaped me. I am still in close contact with my former school colleagues.
My advice to other students: Enjoy your job and keep in mind that for being successful you always need to do a bit more than your neighbor.
Philipp Quirini von Borckenstein
General Manager 2 Hotels of the Fraatz Bartels Group, Hamburg, HLT 2000