The Academy of Tourism and Taste is perfect for you if
- you are interested lifestyle trends and sustainability and working with people
- you like good food & drinks and culinary, especially regional one.
- you are creative and you love to work with your hands
Then become a hotel manager or culinary expert by completing the 3-year training at the Academy of Tourism and Taste.
All facts at a glance
- After the 8th school level
- 3 year training, taught in German
- Training focus:
hotel and catering management as well as taste & lifestyle
- 24 weeks of practical training in the touristic sector at home and abroad
3 teaching professions: hotel and catering assistant, restaurant manager, cook
Professional title: Hotel Manager
Entrepreneur examination and qualification examination
The hotel and catering industry is part of an extensive and exciting field of work.
The training focuses are in particular:
- Trends in the hotel and catering industry
- Important reservation systems
- Event coordination and operations
- Quality and complaint management
- Planning and establishing a hotel and restaurant business
- Recent trends in the regional hotel trade & gastronomy
- Taste & lifestyle trends with regional potential
- Planning & founding of a restaurant business
- Practical focus on regional taste
- Food crafting and creative cooking
Our additional qualifications are a real bonus for your curriculum and hence, a clear competition advantage. According to training program and availability, the following qualifications are offered. (Keep in mind, that parallel to the regular curriculum only a selection of courses are manageable.):
Part of the education:
- Concierge 4.0
- Junior barkeeper
- Junior wine sommelier
- Coffee connoisseurs
In the leisure time:
- Event catering
- Digital tourism tool 4.0
- Energy manager for tourism
- Sustainability manager for tourism
- Cheese connoisseur
- Social media editors
- Language certificates
Practice makes perfect! During your training, you need to complete 24 weeks of practical training in a touristic business at home or abroad, before terminating your third year of training. Whether as waiter, cook, receptionist or elsewhere, is completely up to you. The internship during the summer break is part of the training program. The internship is mandatory. We are more than happy to support you during your search with our excellent contacts and our network.
TAILORMADE INTERNSHIPS AT OUR REGIONAL CO-OPERATION PARTNERS
Our regional partners offer tailor-made intership programs that enable you to train in different positions and departments during on single intership in order to get a 360° overview.
Before you decide to start a training at the Tourism Schools Bad Gleichenberg, we cordially invite you to come and try for a day, including also an overnight stay.
- Successful conclusion of the 8th school level
- Entrance interview
- If necessary, successfully concluded admission exam (M,D,E)
General secondary school (Hauptschule): 3rd level of performance
New secondary school (Neue Mittelschule): after a basic general education with a mark lower than “satisfactory”
Secondary modern school (Realschule):depending on the performance level and the respective mark
No entrance examination: Academic upper secondary school, polytecnic school, school of home economics and domestic science school
An investment that pays!
The investment in the training at the Tourism Schools Bad Gleichenberg is worth its money because the focus lies on the transmission of contents which are required in today’s and future economy and thus, grant every graduate a clear competition bonus.
In this short period of time of 3 years the pupils will will get well prepared for their working life. The reputation of the extraordinary education at the Tourism Schools Bad Gleichenberg precedes them. Hence, our graduates are known to be among the most demanded workforces in the Austrian and international tourism industry with more career opportunities and a better earning potential.
Furthermore, our graduates have access to an international network of almost 7,000 graduates – because it is not only important what you know but also who you know.
Basically, student fees are paid in eight monthly instalments. . In case of an advanced annual payment, we grant you a discount of 4% and for an advanced payment per semester, a 2% discount will be offered.
Internatsschüler/in Hotelfachschule (Schulkosten & Internatsbeitrag)
|Costs||EU citizens||Non-EU citizens|
|Costs per year||7,121.00 €||9,142,00 €|
|Partial amount (8x/year)||890.13 €||1,142.88 €|
Schulkosten für externe Schüler/in Hotelfachschule *
|External school fees||EU citizens|
|Costs per year||4,288.00 €|
|Partial amount (8x/year)||536.00 €|
Information concerning costs
What is included in these costs?
- training, accommodation
- full board and full-time assistance through coaches and assistants
- all materials for culinary and F&B subjects
- study weekends with teachers
- study afternoon classes with assistance
- free use of all facilities on the campus (eg. fitness studio)
- Windows Office package & copy card bonus € 30,-/year
What else is required?
The following is not included: knives, teaching material as well as school and working clothes.
Information concerning the payment in eight monthly instalments
The school and boarding school fees will be debited from your bank account in advance (each time from September 1st to April 1st) in eight monthly instalments.
Information concerning external school attendance
The tourism schools Bad Gleichenberg are managed as full-time boarding school and hence, all students and pupils are accommodated on the campus. An external school attendance is possible only for students who have their main residence within district Süd-Oststeiermark since or if they are already 18 years when starting school.
Tourism, culinary and lifestyle trends
In our Academy of Tourism and Taste you will learn what it means to be an culinary and hospitality expert.
Compulsory internship: 24 weeks before entering the third year of study
- Wednesday December 23rd, 2020
- Monday December 21st, 2020
- Saturday December 12th, 2020
- Wednesday December 2nd, 2020
- Wednesday December 2nd, 2020
- Wednesday December 2nd, 2020
- Friday August 7th, 2020