This college is perfect for you, when
- you are interested in travel, gastronomy, tourism and marketing.
- you want to make a career in hotel & tourism management in a leadership position.
- you have an innovative business idea and you want to take it to the next level.
- you like to plan, organize and get to know the world.
- do not feel like studying for a long time and prefer a practice-oriented education with many possibilities & ready-made frameworks.
- you may wish to continue your studies in Austria or internationally (many partner universities with credits).
All facts at a glance
- After the school leaving examination or university entrance examination
- Duration: 4 semesters
NEW: Optional: Top-up Bachelor Program in 2 semesters
- Full-time study
- Language of instruction: German or English
- Key training areas:
Digital Tourism & Entrepreneurship | Languages & Management
- Internship: 12 weeks before entry into the third semester
Diploma, 4 professions, professional title: Businessman/businesswoman in tourism
Digital Tourism & Entrepreneurship
- Digital marketing with a focus on tourism
- Company foundation, company management
- Start-ups & innovative business models
- Innovation management
- Management Training & Leadership
- Hospitality and Tourism Managementt
- Digital trends in tourism
- Sustainability & Green Tourism
Language Focus & Management
In addition to English and Italian or Spanish, French is also offered as a specialisation for language talents.
Our additional qualifications are a real bonus for your curriculum and hence, a clear competition advantage. According to training program and availability, the following qualifications are offered. (Keep in mind, that parallel to the regular curriculum only a selection of courses are manageable.):
Part of the education:
- Concierge 4.0
- Junior barkeeper
- Junior wine sommelier
In the leisure time:
- Coffee connoisseur
- Cheese connoisseur
- Social media editors
- Language certificates
COLLEGE DEGREE + 2 SEMESTERS PART TIME STUDIES = BACHELOR UPGRADE
The exclusive opportunity to upgrade to a Bachelor’s degree in 2 semesters
Degree Bachelor of Science (BSc)
Teaching language German or English
Place of study part-time blended learning program
- Online courses with e-learning and webinars
- All seminars and lectures are organized according to participant’s need (eg. blocked on weekends)
- at the locations Semmering and Bad Gleichenberg
Duration of study 2 semesters for graduates of the Tourism College Bad Gleichenberg (accreditation of 120 ECTS)
Total number of credits 180 ECTS accredited worldwide
Accreditation International accreditation according to the NCFHE (National Commission of
Further and Higher Education)
Student fees € 7,480.00 (all enrollment and examination fees included) payable in 12 equal monthly installments – deductible from taxes!
- flexible part time studying program
- Combination of all advantages of distance and traditional learning
- Top- lecturers with wide practical backgrounds
- Ideal study progress through the blocked courses concept
- Multimedia scripts, IT-Services and access to online library
- Diploma of the Tourism College Bad Gleichenberg
- Minimum age: 20 Jahren (start of studies)
- English certificate level B2
- German certificat level C1 (if the teaching language is German)
- Admission interview at the International Tourism Academy for advance studies
APPLICATION AND FURTHER INFORMATION: www.ita.ac/en/
Living on campus with a real college feeling!
If you would like to stay in the Studentenhaus directly on the campus of the tourism schools Bad Gleichenberg, you will find more information here.
As a student of the college, you can decide for yourself where you would like to live during your training. The place offers some possibilities, but the most comfortable is certainly to rent a room in the single and double rooms of the student house directly on campus.
Full board in the form of a buffet is included in the school fee anyway, the amenities of the short way to your lessons or the many leisure facilities on campus such as fitness studios, media centre, bicycles, skates, gymnasium, etc. can also be used free of charge by students who rent a room on campus.
Practice makes perfect! During your training, you must complete a 12-week internship in a tourism company at home or abroad before the 2nd year of training. Whether in service, kitchen, reception, travel agency and much more is entirely up to you. You want to know what such an internship can look like?
Before you decide for an apprenticeship at the tourism schools Bad Gleichenberg, we cordially invite you to come and get a taste of what it is like to stay overnight.
- School leaving examination or university entrance examination
- Admission interview
- Online pre-registration for the admission interview
- Latest application deadline: end of August
Nicht EU-Studenten benötigen ein Visum, damit sie in Österreich studieren können
Non-EU students need a visa in order to study in Austria.
Further information on the visa can be found on this website OeAD, the Austrian Agency for International Cooperation or by e-mail at email@example.com.
An investment that pays off!
The investment into the training at the tourism schools bath Gleichenberg is worthwhile itself, because the Fokus lies on the switching of contents, which are needed in the economy today and in the future and therefore each graduate and each graduate a clear competition advantage provide.
In the short period of 4 semesters the students are at the best prepared for working life. The reputation of the excellent education at the tourism schools Bad Gleichenberg precedes them. Thus they rank among the most sought-after employees in Austrian and international tourism with faster chances of advancement and better earning opportunities.
In addition, graduates have access to an international network of 7,000 graduates – because it is not only important what you can do, but also who you know.
In general, the school and boarding school costs are paid in eight instalments.
We grant a discount of 4 % for an annual advance payment or 2 % for a semester advance payment.
Costs per school year (2 semesters)
|External student fees||EU citizen||Non-EU citizens|
|Costs per year||4,288 €||6,310 €|
|Partial amount (8x/year)||536 €||789 €|
|monthly||357 €||526 €|
Students are free to choose their type of accomodation.
The TSBG Student house is the most practical and easiest way of living during the studies.
|COST PER STUDENT IN THE STUDENT HOUSE WITH FULL BOARD (OPTIONAL)||Double Room||Single Room|
|Annual||2,480.00 €||3,332.00 €|
|Partial payment (8x)||310.00 €||416.50 €|
Information on costs
What is included in the costs?
- training, accommodation
- all materials for culinary and F&B subjects
- free use of all facilities on the campus (eg. fitness studio)
- Windows Office package & copy card bonus € 30,-/year
What else is needed?
Are not included: Set of knives, teaching materials, accommodation in the student house as well as school and practical clothing.
|Weekly hours per semester|
|Language and media|
|Spanish or Italian||3||3||3||2|
|Office management and applied computer science||2||2||2||-|
|Tourism, economy, law|
|Tourism geography and travel agency (deepening: travel agency)||2||2||1||1|
|Tourism marketing and customer management (deepening: Front office/Concierge)||6||5||5||5|
|Art and culture||1||-||1||-|
|Business administration and economics||3||3||3||3|
|Accounting and financial management||4||4||4||4|
|Catering and hospitality|
|Nutrition and food technology||1||1||1||1|
|Kitchen organisation and cooking||3||3||3||3|
|Service organisation and beverages||3||3||3||3|
|Practical training and applied project management||2||2||2||2|
|Deepenings (free choice)|
|Digital tourism, start-ups & entrepreneurship||3||3||3||2|
|3rd foreign language (French)||3||3||3||2|
Compulsory internship: A total of 12 weeks before entry into the 3rd semester
Da zu stehen, wo ich jetzt stehe, habe ich definitiv und maßgeblich einer einzigen Institution zu verdanken, nämlich den wunderbaren Tourismussschulen Bad Gleichenberg. Schon als Jugendliche wusste ich, dass ich früher oder später einmal dort landen würde, und tatsächlich habe ich auch gleich nach meiner Matura mit so viel positiven Emotionen das “Kolleg für Tourismus- und Freizeitwirtschaft” absolviert, das ich dieses jeder und jedem wärmstens als Ausbildung für’s Leben oder als Start in die Tourismuskarriere/ins Tourismusstudium empfehlen kann.
Founder and Managing Director, Tourism college 2018
Die Schulzeit war für mich eine irrsinnig schöne Zeit.
Die Schule bietet soviel Potential, die Welt steht einem offen!
Master of Wine, Leiter des Weingutes Bründlmayer, Langenlois, Tourism college 1997
7,000 successful graduates work worldwide in top positions in various industries
- Monday December 21st, 2020
- Saturday December 12th, 2020
- Wednesday December 2nd, 2020
- Friday November 13th, 2020
- Tuesday June 30th, 2020
- Thursday May 7th, 2020
- Friday January 24th, 2020