The college is exactly the right thing for you, if you
- are interested in travelling, catering, tourism and marketing
- want to start a career in hotel & tourism management in a managing position
- have an innovative business idea and you want to make your vision come true in a start-up
- want to continue a graduate study in Austria or abroad
- like to plan, organize and get to know the world
So, LEARN SOMETHING USEFUL and become a tourism manager with the two-year college for the tourism and leisure industry.
All facts at a glance
- After the final school leaving examination or qualification certificate for university entry
- 2 years (4 semesters)
- Full-time studies
- Teaching language: German or English
- Key course elements (eligible): Language emphasis (3 languages) or Digital tourism, startups & entrepreneurship
- Internship: 12 weeks before starting the 3rd semester
- Professional title: Tourism Manager
- Business license
- Qualification examination for hospitality services
- 4 professions in one training: restaurant manager, cook, hotel and catering assistant, travel agency assistant
- Qualifications depending on additional trainings (barkeeper, concierge, cheese connoisseur, junior wine sommelier, coffee connoisseur,…)
- Compulsory education: Shorter study periods for Bachelor and Master studies at international partner universities
Digital Tourism & Entrepreneurship, starting from autumn 2018
Digital Tourism & Entrepreneurship is taught in small groups and modules and is comprised of the following sections:
- Digital marketing with tourism focus
- Start-Ups & innovative business models
- Innovation Management
- Social Media & Tools, Blogging, Public Relations, Storytelling
- Applied Event and Project Management
- Digital trends in tourism
Third foreign language (Three Languages)
For language talents besides English and Italian or Spanish, we offer also French as specialization.
Our additional qualifications are a real bonus for your curriculum. They are carried out in cooperation with renowned partners like Energie Steiermark, the Clefs d’Or association or the Austrian Wine Academy and are recognized on an international level.
We offer the following additional qualifications according to availability:
- Barkeeping & Barflairing
- Coffee connoisseur
- Banquet manager
- Concierge / Reception
- Energy manager for tourism (German taught only)
- Sustainability manager for tourism (German taught only)
- Cheese connoisseur
- Junior wine sommelier
- Junior beer sommelier
- Social media editor
- Language certificate in English, French, Italian and Spanish
Life on the Campus with real college feeling!
If you would like to live directly on the Campus of the Tourism Schools Bad Gleichenberg, you can find more information here .
As a student of the college, you can decide on your own where you want to stay during your training. The place offers quite some possibilities, but the most comfortable is certainly to rent a single or double room in the students’ house directly on the Campus.
The full board with buffet is included in the school fees, the advantages of a short way to your classes or various leisure time activities on the campus such as fitness studio, media library, bikes, skates, gym etc. can be used for free by all students who rent a room on the campus.
Practice makes perfect! During your training, you need to complete 12 weeks of practical training before the 2nd year of training in a tourism enterprise at home or abroad. Whether as waiter, cook, receptionist or in a travel agency etc., is up to you.
Before you choose a training at the Tourism Schools Bad Gleichenberg, we cordially invite you to visit us for a day, including also an overnight stay.
- Final school leaving examination or qualification certificate for university entrance
- Entrance interview at the Tourism Schools Bad Gleichenberg
- Start of studies: September 10, 2018
Non-EU students need a visa in order to be able to study in Austria. Further information concerning the visa can be found on this website OeAD, the Austrian Agency for International Cooperation Cooperation or requested via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
An investment that pays!
The investment in the training at the Tourism Schools Bad Gleichenberg is worth its money because the focus lies on the transmission of contents which are required in today’s and future economy and thus, grant every graduate a clear competition advantage.
In this short period of time of 3 years the pupils will get well prepared for their working life. The reputation of the extraordinary education at the Tourism Schools Bad Gleichenberg precedes them. Thus, our graduates are known to be among the most demanded workforces in the Austrian and international tourism with more career opportunities and better earning potential.
Furthermore, our graduates have access to an international network of 6,500 graduates – because it is not only important what you know but also who you know .
Basically, students’ fees are paid in eight monthly instalments. In case of an advanced annual payment we grant you a discount of 4% and for an advanced payment per semester a discount of 2% will be offered.
External student per study year (2 semesters)
|Costs||EU citizen||Non-EU citizen|
|Costs per year||4.121,00 €||6.065,00 €|
|In case of partial payments (8x/year)||515,13 €||758,13 €|
|Monthly||345 €||506 €|
Information concerning the costs
The following is included in the costs:
Training, accommodation, board and full-time assistance through coaches and assistants
What else is required?
The following is not included: Knives, teaching material as well as school and working clothes
Information concerning the payment in eight monthly instalments
The students’ and boarding fees are debited to your bank account every month in advance in eight monthly instalments (each time from September 1st to April 1st).
College of tourism and leisure industry
Compulsory internship: A total of 12 weeks before entering the 3rd semester
- Monday August 27th, 2018
- Wednesday May 30th, 2018
- Wednesday May 30th, 2018
- Saturday May 26th, 2018
- Friday May 25th, 2018
- Monday May 14th, 2018
- Thursday April 5th, 2018
- Thursday January 18th, 2018